- Applicable to customers who request our rental services
The protection of your right to confidentiality is one of the main concerns of the company. The practices mentioned in this document reflect the current policy of Autorentas del Pacífico SpA (hereinafter, the "Company") in terms of confidentiality and protection of personal data, therefore, since you register and / or browse through this site web, the user and / or visitor (hereinafter, the "User" or "Users") gives their consent for their personal information to be used in accordance with the policies described below.
Our business activity is mainly focused on the rental of vehicles, carried out through the company, dealers and subsidiaries.
- Scope and purpose of the standards
- Data collection
Types of data collected and sources from which they come
The Privacy Policies refer to certain personal data collected by the company regarding its customers, such as:
- Data provided by clients, such as their name, address, company for which they work, telephone numbers, email addresses, date and place of birth, driver's license number, passport number, information related to credit cards they use, if they are frequent travelers of some airline or other information or membership data to affiliation programs to companies or associations;
- Information regarding the operations performed by customers with the company, subsidiaries or others, such as the place, date and time of collection and return of the rented vehicle or the name of the airlines and rental expenses;
- The information we receive from consumer information agencies, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
Our sources for the collection of personal data include websites managed by the company or by third parties, through which you can make rental reservations with the company or its dealers, phone calls to our reservation and assistance centers, forms of enrollment in the MITTA programs for leasing of vehicles and similar vehicles. Likewise, we collect and confirm personal data about our customers through other companies with which we maintain commercial relationships or by going to public entities, specialized companies or credit bureaus, for which we are expressly authorized. Any information obtained from these entities will be treated confidentially by the company.
The sensitive data of the clients, indicated in the article 2 letter g) of the Law N ° 19.628 on Protection of the Private Life are not object of treatment. Without prejudice to this, and as established by the regulations, information regarding your health will be requested for the provision of the service. The company does not disclose sensitive data to subsidiaries or business partners, except in cases authorized by regulations.
- Use of "cookies" and other tracking technologies
The company stores cookies in order to offer a more interactive experience on its website and facilitate the use of the services offered to customers, based on the actions of the User. The User can, at any time, delete stored cookies, configure the browser to request approval before storing cookies or directly prevent cookies from being stored.
For greater convenience, we make available the different procedures to manage the configuration of cookies depending on the browser used:
- Microsoft Windows Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-ar/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es&p=cpn_cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
Also, some of our web pages and emails in HTML format contain "pixel tags", "web bookmarks" or other technologies (collectively called "pixel tags") that allow us to track the Users of our websites and the recipients of communications by email. The pixel tags are used to collect non-personal data that, when combined with similar ones of other Users, help us to provide a better service.
In addition, our email and online advertising providers may use pixel tags when using our websites and our email communications.
Our company does not use pixel labels and prohibits its agents from using them in order to obtain personal data. However, it is possible that pixel tags or cookies are used to link non-personal data related to Users with other personal data obtained previously.
- Data preservation
The company keeps the personal data of its customers and Users during the time allowed by the country's legislation. Currently, most of these data are stored in Santiago, Chile.
Users may at any time revoke their authorization to use personal data, and always have the rights of clarification, rectification, cancellation and opposition, and all other rights conferred by Law N ° 19.628 on Protection of Private Life. Similarly, the User may always request the suspension of promotional or advertising communications, in accordance with the provisions of article 28 B of Law No. 19.496 on the Protection of Consumer Rights. For more information, review the "Opposition Law" section discussed later.
- Seguridad de los datos
The company strictly complies with all applicable regulations regarding security measures applicable to personal information, through physical, electronic and methodological protection mechanisms designed to protect your personal data and to prevent their loss, misuse, access, disclosure, unauthorized alteration and destruction.
Access to personal data of clients is restricted to those employees who need to know this information to provide them with the required services. Likewise, the improper use of personal data by company employees entails the application of disciplinary measures. The company is not responsible for illegal interceptions or violation of their systems or databases by unauthorized persons or for the improper use of information obtained by these means.
If you have reasonable grounds to believe that any of the accounts that you have linked to this website is no longer secure, please notify us of the problem by clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the main page of this site.
We have an SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate which is a digital title that authenticates the identity of our website and encrypts the information sent to the server with SSL technology. Encryption is the process of mixing data into an indecipherable format that can only be returned to human readable format with the proper decryption key. The certificate allows that, when an Internet user tries to send credential information to a web server, the user's browser accesses the server's digital certificate and establishes a secure connection, thus protecting all the information exchanged here. The characteristics of these certificates are: Green padlock "it's safe" for all subdomains, sha256 / ecc encryption yes, compatible with chrome / mozilla / explorer / edge / safari yes, security seal, trust logo.
- Use of data
The company does not disclose your data to third parties. Personal data is collected exclusively if you provide it to us, through registration, filling out forms, telephone calls or emails, as part of a reservation, request or contracting of products or services, inquiries about the materials that are ordered , and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information.
The database and its content remain in the company and remain in its data processors or servers that act on their own and are responsible to it. Your personal data is not provided for the use of third parties in any way except with your consent, an official mandate to do so or that relates to the legitimate uses expressed below.
We will maintain control and responsibility for the use of any personal information you provide to us.
Once registered in our site, the company will not sell, rent or share personal information except in the forms established in these policies, and in what is established by Chilean legislation. The company will do everything in its power to protect the privacy of the information, however, it may happen that, by virtue of judicial orders, or legal regulations, it is compelled to disclose information to the authorities or third parties under certain conditions. circumstances, in which case the company will not respond for the information that is disclosed.
Uses of type I
When making a rental reservation or using the rental services of the company or its dealers, you agree that your personal data will be used and disclosed for uses of type I. If you do not wish to give your consent to such use and disclosure For your personal data, please do not make rental reservations or use the services of the company or its dealers.
- Initial uses It is possible that your personal data will be used to carry out the rental reservations that you make with the company and its concessionaires; to process rental operations; to offer you the improved rental services you request and similar services, and to bill and collect the amounts you owe us.
- Uses for protection purposes. It is possible that your personal data may be used and disclosed if there are well-founded reasons to believe that it is necessary to protect the company; to comply with the applicable legislation; to protect your rights, privacy, security or property (as well as those of other people) and so that the company can put into practice the available legal solutions or limit the damages that we may suffer.
- Disclosure of data to agents. It is possible that your personal data will be disclosed to any individual or legal entity that the company contracts to assist you in the performance of our commercial activities, undertaking to comply with the instructions as with the Privacy Policies.
- Disclosure of data to the sponsors of the program for clients. A customer discount program, or "CDP", is a contract or program that we have established together with a sponsoring company or organization ("the sponsor") through which Users or persons who meet a series of requirements will be entitled to contract rents with conditions different from those we usually offer to the public. In these cases, the User implicitly accepts that we disclose their personal data to the sponsor.
If you do not want us to disclose your personal data in the manner described in this subsection, you should not use this customer discount program, even if this means that you can not benefit from this mode.
Uses of type II
The uses of type II refer to the use of personal data for promotional purposes. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes described in uses of this type.
You may group and analyze your personal data in order to develop marketing programs and offers of services designed to meet the needs of specific groups of customers.
Similarly, it is possible that their personal data will be exchanged with the members of the company and that they will be disclosed to affiliates and concessionaires for promotional purposes.
- Right of opposition
Based on the provisions of article 12 of Law N ° 19.628 and other pertinent regulations, you may choose one or both of the following options to limit the use of your personal data:
- You can tell us not to send you any offer or other type of marketing material when you use our rental services and we do not disclose your personal data.
- You can give us instructions so that we do not disclose your personal data, obtained when using our rental services, to companies that are not members or dealers of our society for their own promotional purposes.
Any modification made by the User limiting the use of their data, will take effect once requested, therefore, the company will not be responsible for the use made prior to these instructions come into force, without prejudice to frame in the terms applied in the Confidentiality Policy.
The company will not use your personal data for non-promotional purposes unless the current legislation authorizes it. All uses of type I of your personal data, as described in the Confidentiality Policy, constitute authorized uses.
- Rights of access, cancellation and rectification of personal information
The Users will have the right to access, cancel and update their Personal Information, as well as to oppose the processing thereof and to be informed of the assignments carried out, all in accordance with the provisions of Law No. 19.628 on Protection of Life. Private and other relevant regulations. The Users guarantee and respond, in any case, of the veracity, accuracy, validity and authenticity of the personal information provided, and undertake to keep it duly updated.
For this, the User must contact email@example.com In order to protect the privacy and security of the User, the company will take the measures it deems necessary to verify the identity of the User before allowing him to exercise the right of access or rectification of the data.
- Modification of the rules
The Confidentiality Policy is available to customers and users in the rental locations and through the link on the main page of this website. The company reserves the right to modify it in the future.
- Compliance with applicable legislation
Our website, and the conditions that govern it, are regulated by the laws of the Republic of Chile and any matter related to them is subject to the jurisdiction of its Courts of Justice. The intellectual property of this material belongs to the company and all rights are reserved.
- Questions from customers and users
If you have any doubts regarding compliance with the Confidentiality Policy by the company, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.